Saturday, January 18, 2014

Get Over Yourself

"You never really know. But when they know, you'll know.You know?"
             -Crush, Finding Nemo

Hey lovelies! This week,I am sorry to veer off into unmarked land, but it's an assignment. I recently wanted to watch Finding Nemo, so I did. I watched it on megashare.info. They have the most recent movies out to watch for free, no signup,no download, just click on the movie and watch it. It is an amazing website I am so glad I found. It satisfies my movie tooth. However, I decided to watch Finding Nemo. Throughout this movie I realized some underlying messages that the movie speaks to. One of my favorites is when nemo is in the fish tank and he's trying to get out of the tube.He gets stuck and the leader says, "get yourself out" when nemo asked for help. Nemo says, "I have a bad fin." And the guy says, "that's never stopped me." And he swims around to show him his bad fin, that is way worse than nemo's. So I say that to say that some people may have it worse than you and when you use your own deficiencies as a crutch, that only stifles you. It doesn't hinder them.They overcame it,or are attempting to. Get over yourself and get strong. Or moreso, get out of your own way. Nemo did and he not only got out of the tube but grew stronger out on his own. And so did Marlon, his dad. That's honestly all I got for this post. I like the movie and kept saying "fish are friends, not food" for weeks. Go see it if you haven't. It's a long movie but it's worth it. Bye!



5 comments:

  1. Yeah but what about the dude in a non-Disney movie who really does have a cripplingly bad fin, tries his hardest anyway and still is sucked in and killed? Hard work doesn't always solve things, and "getting over yourself" isn't as easy as a lot of people think. There are things that exist that really do make it impossible or much, much harder to succeed and brushing all that off as laziness is messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree,and getting over yourself isn't easy.I have to do it everyday. But what I'm saying is there is mostly always a way to succeed. You may not see it but there is a way to overcome things. And the issue is when people use their problems as crutches when they know that all they have to do is try. And it may not be just laziness.It may be fear, hurt, past experiences, mental, physical, whatever it may be.All I'm saying is,don't let that count you out. At least try.Get over that voice in your head that says you can't do it because we all have one.It's a part of us but we can do the best we can not to listen to it.Hard work is a part of it,but trying is the first step.Don't doubt before you try it.You're not doing yourself justice if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of people dramatize their conditions and what they think is wrong with them and can't move forward, but other people around the world are living in worse conditions. People do really need to get over themselves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Anne-Margaret. It is why I hate people. Nice post

    ReplyDelete