Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Middle finger to the old life

" You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself,and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection"
-Buddha 

Hey lovely people. As I am writing this I am listening to "Shake It Off" by Florence & the Machine.This song has always made me feel like throwing my arms open wide and just taking in a breath as huge and life-filled as the earth itself. It creates a euphoric feeling of peace and sunshine mixing in the atmosphere and I take it all in. I mean, why shouldn't you feel good about life?Why is it wrong to go around being happy with yourself and your life? I don't get it.Breathing? (check) Moving? (check) Loving? (double checks)...then what the hell is there to be angry about?You get another day! You didn't wake yourself up.You didn't start your own heart. I would've ceased both previous actions some time ago,but I didn't because I can't. I'm here, you're here and that's amazing. Be grateful for it.


Ellen's take on this issue

So around this time,you know it's winter shopping time and that time to put those super revealing summer clothes away. Well I'm a bit late on that but before my body revolution I used to wear unflattering things that made me look a billion times bigger than I actually was. I always wanted to spend my money on Abercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle Outfitters,Aerie,etc. But when I went shopping in these stores, (except AEO), they would go up to a large and that wouldn't fit on my thumb! But there is a reason for that. The owner of Abercrombie said that the clothes don't cater to the "fat unpopular kids". He only wants the "skinny popular jocks" wearing his clothing.So I stopped longing to shop there because if you do,then you're forcing yourself into their clothes, further shaming yourself and giving your money to someone who is against you loving your body and wearing their clothes. You're paying all of that money to fit into something not only not made for your body but not made for you as a person. To that I say:eff that, ain't nobody got the money for those pieces of scrap material thrown together. I don't know what YOU think, but my curves ARE popular.Get with the program Hollister and the others. Weight discrimination is real.Fight it!





6 comments:

  1. I love the picture at the end! It's really cute, and yeah I was really surprised when that old dude from Abercrombie said that! I think that you promote a really inspiring message, everyone has a different body type so we shouldn't judge! PREACH IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a whole tumblr blog about Abercrombie and the owner. I don't shop at Abercrombie, but I know I won't do it after that. I agree that you should love your body. I think everyone has a body image problem and having someone like him saying such things doesn't make life better. He can go drown in his scraps of clothes for all I care. I love the quote too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies.Yeah he's so ugly and was never popular in high school yet he wants to only make clothes for those types of people. That's just a status in high school.High school doesn't matter to the world. This is someone who is still emotionally scarred as an unpopular-pretty person and takes it out on the world.This is what happens if you don't love yourself.You breed hate and bodily resentment for everyone else around you.So stay positive! and tanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I used to shop at these stores (I still shop at American Eagle, but I think the have better clothes) but it wasn't because I wanted to be skinny, I just wanted to fit in with the popular. It's so true that only popular kids wear these clothes, because popular kids are the ones who fall victim to this kind of body shaming and the idea that they have to be a size 00. It sends the message that you have to be thin to be cool or popular, which is total crap. And when I shopped at these stores, I got a large in everything, which didn't make me feel good about myself. I haven't gone there in a few years, but I know I never will again after this. The owner of Abercrombie should know that all teenagers are self conscious, and besides being rude, he is definitely hurting people's confidence. Keep up the positive messages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never worn these clothes or tried to because I didn't wanna be that stereotypical teenager and always wanted to stand out a little. But hearing what the owner said is pretty shocking and kind of discriminating. I really like the picture you included of the larger women in the A&F shirt its like a middle finger to the owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies.Yes it is really ridiculous and I agree that it it stereotypical and hurtful to all types of teenagers to wear these clothes. It's not like they're nice clothes.It a polo,cargos,jeans, and hoodies.They aren't even nice looking.So I'd rather shop somewhere that has my size and my style in mind.It's so much money for little scraps of clothes.I have better things to buy.Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete