Thursday, November 28, 2013

You can take on the world you know that right?

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
-Marcel Proust 
 I love to travel. I love packing and getting on a plane,bus,car, broom, whatever. I love seeing new places and going everywhere. As a curvy girl growing up in the hood, not a lot of people told me I could learn so many languages,go out of the country,reach my dreams, even succeed in school. I was teased and not well liked. I was never the girl who had guys crushing on her. I was always the best friend of that girl...her fat ass shadow. I was a guys girl, hanging out and play fighting with the guys and playing tag. No one ever told me it's okay to be the way I am so I didn't accept myself and I thought, since I was too big for the junior section in Sears, I was too big for my dreams...in a bad way. I never knew that I would learn japanese and end up going to japan. No one I knew or grew up with had even been to los angeles, never mind japan!

Going to japan has broadened my horizons and made me look at myself in a different light. I realized, I AM too big for my dreams. I should be dreaming even bigger! You wouldn't force yourself into too-small jeans, so don't put yourself into a too-small-for-you dream. You deserve to find pants that fit you as well as a mind that can fully grasp who you are and form your dreams around that version of you. The bigger than life version of you. You can take on the world and succeed! You have that power! Don't let people tell you what you can and can't do. Don't give them that power to tell you who you are.you know you.they don't know what you're made of until you show them. Can you imagine #thatPOWER ?

I used to feel some type of way about how all my friends had gaps betwixt their thighs and I didn't. I started to hate my naturally muscular legs. But I have to remember, these legs help me walk, not them. They support me. These legs have hiked a mountain in Japan for four hours. These legs have walked 20 miles last May. These legs have ran miles. These legs are strong. So am I. So I don't care about that anymore, but sometimes things get to me about my body. And I have to remember-- my body is MINE. It can't be yours, it can't be any one else's but mine. And I'm grateful.So take the time to appreciate yourself and instead of shaming yourself,appreciate what your body does for you everyday. Take on this world.Let it explode!People will appreciate your confidence because a lot of people front, but they really aren't confident. You attract the type of people you do based on the type of person you are and  who you choose to show to the world.
Us hiking throwing the gates at Fushimi Inari Shrine

Artistically blurry me walking in the street
Us with the fifth graders at Utano Elementary School

Me at Kinkoji Temple ("the Golden Temple")
It is actually gold...they got it like that

sorry it's sideways,I can't find a way to rotate it.
Me and our meditation teacher our first day

Kyoto from above,taken near the top of Fushimi Inari (the mountain we climbed)

You KNOW I have eat.I love ramen.
(Japanese authentica style,not the packaged american-kill-you-kind)


Me walking enjoying the rain on the streets of Kyoto

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great blog about yourself. I like how you are open with your personal feelings and what you have been doing to make your life better and happier. I think its cool how you are learning Japanese and going to Japan.

    ReplyDelete